Leaving my mark at Settler's Park or "Baguazhang Crop-Circles" by Kevin Wikse

 

Vimana Vajra Baguazhang Kevin Wikse


Circa 2016 to 2019, I routinely practiced a rare form of Daoist-born Chinese Martial Art titled Baguazhang or Pakuachang, meaning Eight Trigrams Boxing, based on the I-Ching. A dynamic, fast, and highly mobile method, the primary training is walking in a circle or walking around a central point. My center point was this tree in Settler's Park in Meridian, Idaho. 


In 2019, I employed my Baguzhang skills in Las Cruces, NM, El Passo, TX, and finally, Tuscon, AZ, to hinder significantly much of the criminal element and human trafficking operations coming across and back through the TX/Mexico and AZ/Mexico boarders, which at one point and maybe still are, considered the first and second most dangerous land crossings in the world.


My Baguazhang practice was one to two hours of daily circle walking followed by single movements repeated hundreds of times in line drills. During one of my last training sessions at Settler's Pak, I noticed I was walking a crop circle into the environment. 


Here  I am four years later, back in Idaho, and while driving home recently, I passed Settler's Park. I decided to reminisce momentarily at my old training spot. Imagine my amusement that the crop circle I walked into the grass is still there. 


-Kevin Wikse


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reunions with old friends at Morris Hill Cemetery by Kevin WIkse.

The Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic 2023 by Kevin Wikse